Enough Already! PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 19 July 2006 16:00

Okay so this summer cold is really getting annoying; it just seems to drag on with no signs of improving. Last night Karley was up most of the night with a stomach bug (either food poisoning or perhaps her body’s way of reacting to the bug we have), hence she had very little sleep but fortunately, Monet remains unaffected. I slept fitfully, not being able to breathe and found myself sitting at my computer at 2:00 AM for two hours. But we are sick of being sick so today Rick and I tried to be a little more active and see if we could shake it just by doing something.

While Makai napped we thought Karley and Monet would too so we went to Maple Ridge to pick up some items Ian had purchased at an auction last night. It was the first time I had been out anywhere since Monday and it sure felt good just to be part of the human race again. When we returned, Karley was minding Makai and Monet was sound asleep. It seems she was wide awake soon after we left so no shuteye was had for her mom at all and Karley was running on 2 hours of sleep with a wicked headache to boot. Shortly after we got back, Rick took Makai to the pool at the Mission Leisure Centre while I babysat Monet so Karley could get some badly needed sleep.

Rick and Makai were gone for almost three hours, Monet slept the entire time (including when she pooped her drawers and while I changed them) and her mom finally had two+ hours of undisturbed rest. Once back, Makai went blueberry picking with “Grandpa” in the backyard while Granni pulled together some food for a proper dinner, our first in a few days. It seems that our decision to return to the land of the living had the desired effect and perhaps this means we are finally back on the mend.