Weekend Plans PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 31 July 2006 16:00

We are planning a jaunt to Oregon this coming weekend and we are hoping to go by motorcycle. Our friends, Rich and Laura have been “grounded” in Eugene for the past couple of weeks, staying in a hotel while their Moho is undergoing some major work. They’d been having some major leakage in and around their slideouts and when they took it to the Monaco factory to have them repaired, Monaco discovered black mold, a serious potential health problem. Of course black mold could also lead to a serious lawsuit so Monaco is doing the repairs at no charge despite the fact that the warranty is no longer valid.

Laura and Rich had hoped to come to BC or at least Bellingham, just across the border, and spend some time with us but because they are currently immobile, we thought we would visit them instead. The forecast for Eugene is looking pretty good for the weekend so it just might be ideal for motorcycling. As long as the forecast is reasonably accurate I can hopefully figure out what to pack but I am notorious for over packing wherever we go, (and this time I can't) so it should be interesting.

Today while I stayed at home with Monet and Makai, Karley went on the bike with Rick to Abbotsford. Karley had an eye exam appointment and Rick went to a bike shop to look at motorcycle helmet communicators. We have been shopping around online for communicators over a year now and were surprised to find exactly what we wanted in Abbotsford at a much better price than any we’ve seen so far. Karley and Rick tested them out on the way home so if our weekend goes as planned Rick and I will be able to yap at each other all the way to Eugene…lucky Rick!

This is a picture of Makai fooling around while we were out for dinner on Sunday night. The thing on his nose is a pipe-cleaner-like toy that the restaurant provided for his entertainment and this is what he did with it with no coaching from the adults around him.