Canyonlands National Park PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 04 October 2006 16:00

October is the wettest month in Moab, averaging an inch of rain for the whole month, yet in the past three days, I’m sure it has rained way more than that. So far we haven’t been overly inconvenienced by the unsettled weather though it has hampered the picture taking and totally eliminated any chance of going for a motorcycle ride. This morning it was completely overcast and the forecast was calling for thunderstorms with 80% chance of rain!

We decided to tour the Canyonlands National Park, about 20 miles west of here. Despite the dreary day, again the scenery was awesome; in fact I thought it was even more spectacular than The Arches, if that’s possible. I took several photographs and even with the grey skies all around us, some of them turned out quite well. I can only imagine how much more beautiful they might have been had we had blue sky and sunshine!!

After lunch at the motorhome and an afternoon rest we drove into the town of Moab to walk around and be tourists. We poked around some of the shops until once again the rain fell making walking around less than fun. We decided to take a detour to the Center Café, a well known and highly recommended eatery. Though expensive, our dinner was scrumptious; the rain had subsided by the time we got home and now it’s time to relax for an evening of Thursday night TV.