Learning Lessons PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 10 October 2006 16:00

This morning we were on the road again; this time heading to Las Vegas, Nevada for two nights enroute to Desert Hot Springs. The weather was gorgeous; not a cloud in the sky and plenty of sunshine.

Interestingly enough our drive took us from Utah to Arizona back to Utah and into Arizona once again before entering into Nevada! Crazy! On our trip across Hwy 389, just a few miles from Kanab we blew a tire on the trailer. Ouch! It was one of the new ones we put on the trailer before we left BC. Fortunately someone passing us pointed it out to Rick right away so there was no damage done to the trailer however it certainly was a mess. My husband, Mr. Fix-anything, had the tire changed and we were back on the road in about twenty-five minutes. I was impressed!

Rick, being an ex-trucker, is extremely safety-conscious and meticulously checks the tires as well as every other thing you can imagine prior to departure as well as several times along the way. Today was the first time he didn’t check the tire pressure before we departed only because the tire gauge was in a locked compartment and we weren’t driving far. Needless to say, tire pressure levels are extremely important and it was an expensive way to learn a lesson but it could have been a lot worse.

We are staying at the Oasis RV Park in Las Vegas and because it is an RPI park, we are only paying $15 a night (and that’s because we are taking two full spaces so we didn’t have to unhook the trailer). We are back on Pacific Time, have free WIFI, full hook-ups, there is a beautiful heated pool and as I write this at 6:00 PM (PST) it is 30C (86F)! Not bad at all!