Changes Everywhere PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 14 October 2006 16:00

This morning, after we went to Palm Springs for our Sunday morning tradition (see our coffee blog), we wandered around downtown for a while. In the few months that we have been away we noticed several changes; new stores and restaurants have opened and some others closed as well. There is one whole block of buildings that have been torn down to be replaced by something else; I guess something that only time will reveal.

The unsettled weather of yesterday was long gone and with a predicted high of 30C (86F) and lots of sun, it made sense to take the motorcycle. It was crazy windy though and we received a little sandblast when we crossed the highway but once we arrived in Palm Springs there was not even a breeze to be felt.

Returning to Catalina Spa we both continued the process of cleaning and setting up. When we landed in Mission in the spring, we didn’t do much of either; spending time with family was more important. Besides with little fingers around it didn’t make much sense to go crazy on the cleaning so the Moho hasn’t been this clean in a very long time. I treated all the wood with a conditioner and moved a few things around making them tidier and more accessible.

With the trailer beside the Moho, it’s really like having a garage in the yard. Rick now has a sacred place to tinker with things where he knows I am not likely to bother him; you know… that man place! This afternoon he polished the motorhome wheels and now he is outside working in the trailer doing heavens-knows-what!

This morning we had a little conference call with the webcam at the MacLachlan household and we got to see Monet for the first time since we left in September. Karley tells us she weighs 16 lbs. already, sleeps through the night and wakes up happy. She sucks her thumb like her big brother and apparently finds him pretty amusing because she laughs at him a lot. Before we said goodbye Makai leaned into the monitor to give us each a big kiss so tonight I am posting pictures of them, something I haven’t done for a while.