Keeping Fit PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 31 October 2006 16:00

I wrote on our Blog yesterday that I have started to do some walking to mix-up my “exercise” program. Even though this morning the air was still (and had been all night), meaning the pool would have been warm, I opted for walking again. Angie, the walking “instigator”, keeps us at a steady pace and we easily walk four miles in an hour. I am really pleased with the fact that I manage to get a small sweat going (which equals some fat-burning) and when we return at 7:30 AM, I am invigorated and ready to start my day.

Rick is getting plenty of physical exercise with his daily volunteer services; maintaining the putting green, cleaning up sites and various other things. It is common for us (the walkers) to find Rick already busy somewhere in the park while we are on our walk. He has also started participating in the morning water aerobics program so between the two of us, we are doing our best to keep fit. Our goal this winter is to stay healthy and NOT gain any weight, a change from the past few winters.

Yesterday was Halloween so Karley dressed Makai and Monet in costumes and they went to a party at the moms and tots group that they are part of. They also spent part of the afternoon carving pumpkins with Carmen (their great neighbour) to prepare the house for the gaggle of trick o’treaters that would be coming later in the day! Karley sent me some photos and I though I can’t put them all on, here is a compilation of three!