Winter Just May Be Around the Corner PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 10 November 2006 16:00

After enjoying several weeks of unusually hot temperatures, the weather finally changed today to something more seasonally normal. The average temperatures have been in the low to mid 30’sC (low 90’sF) and today they finally dropped to 27C (80.6F). Personally, I enjoyed the heat and would have been quite content if it had stayed that way all winter, but most of the long-time snowbirds here found it to be too warm.

I don’t miss the cooler temperatures or the cold ones most of our friends and family from Canada experience from October to May. I don’t miss the snow or the freezing days followed by thawing days, changing quickly from one day to the next. I like desert living; in fact I like tropical weather just about anytime but I especially like hot, dry weather in the winter months.

Today was the beginning of cooler desert winter weather and the daytime mercury level will drop some more before it levels off. As long as the temperatures don’t drop so much that we get precipitation that needs to be shoveled, it will be a fine winter!