Reminiscent of Ontario PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 25 November 2006 16:00

Last night I was tired and for the first time in a very long time, I slept for 9 whole glorious hours. My usual 5:00 AM waking time was delayed to almost 7:00 and it was the first time in a month that I didn’t see the sun rise.

Winter has officially arrived here now as it seems the cooler weather is here to stay; it was only 10C (50F) when we got up and the temperature for the day peaked at 21C (70F)…brrrr. In fact it was actually an ideal day for a motorcycle ride and so today we ventured east to Indio and then we rode into Palm Springs along Hwy. 111. Once we stopped for our coffee treat (and some lunch) we thought we would ride west to the Cabazon Outlet Mall. We had completely forgotten the fact that this is officially Christmas shopping season now that Thanksgiving Day is over and the place was hopping!

Interstate 10 reminded us of Ontario’s highways on a long weekend with bumper to bumper traffic heading back into the city. We are approximately 100 miles west of LA and by 4:00 PM the traffic was just inching along. Fortunately we were heading east! We returned to the Moho not a moment too soon; just as the sun was ducking behind the mountain chilling the air considerably. Despite the traffic and cooler weather, it is still warmer than being up north and it is nice to be back!

We stopped as we were getting off the highway so I could take this picture of the traffic going back to LA.