It’s Our Secret PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 07 December 2006 16:00

Rick and I used to be avid snowmobilers. Once when we were returning from a three day ride to northern Ontario back to our cottage we went to a small community called Port Loring. There was one stretch of snowmobile trail that was quite reminiscent of a snow covered roller coaster and we really enjoyed cruising along it.

Today I drove the car and went along Dillon Road towards La Quinta to do some shopping and check out the new Costco which opened two weeks ago. I wrote about this route last year because the road is also very much like that roller coaster route we traveled by snowmobile. Until today I had always been in the passenger seat or on the back of the motorcycle and have sometimes felt nauseous as a result. Today, with me driving, I enjoyed the roller coaster ride and the fact that I was alone with no other traffic to be seen for miles.

Typically, I drive just slightly above the speed limit but my rollercoaster ride was so much fun that I may have driven a little faster than I normally would. It reminded me of times in my younger years while visiting various amusement parks and I even heard myself holler “wee” as I crested a couple of the hills. (Shhhhh…don’t tell Rick!)

I took this picture yesterday at dawn of the miniature golf course across the pond from our Moho.