Re-energizing PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 16 December 2006 16:00

When you are excited to get someplace, you never quite realize how tired you are until you get there especially as you get older. We arrived at the MacLachlan house yesterday afternoon and the excitement of our arrival took over everything else. Makai was singing an endless “Ganni” and “Gampa” song almost until bedtime and I don’t think he quite believed that we were really here at last.

Rick and I both slept so soundly last night that we didn’t wake up until after 8:00 this morning; a very unusual thing for us. Makai was still sleeping and he woke up crying a little while later; an unusual behaviour for him. Karley thinks it was because he thought we were gone or had never been here to begin with. Once he saw us, there was a big sigh followed by the same ear to ear grin we were given yesterday. Gosh, it is so good to feel so loved by someone little again!

The rest of our day was spent doing some shopping or hanging around the house relaxing; both activities done with a grandchild in tow, the “girls: doing their thing while the “boys” did theirs. I suspect it will be another sound sleep tonight and then by tomorrow we’ll be a little more energized and back to our old selves.

This afternoon this sweet little girl, Monet, enjoyed “hanging” around with her Grandpa and Granni.