Seven Days To Santa PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 17 December 2006 16:00

After missing three days, today I decided to go for my morning walk. I slept until 7:30 so it was 8:00 and well into daylight before I headed out, a better time for walking along the side of some busy roads. The weather here is colder and damper than what I am used to but the workout is more challenging (there are some hills here) so the extra effort kept me warm. It felt good to get back out there!

This will be Makai’s first Christmas as a big brother and his second Christmas as our first grandchild. Though his second birthday is on the 27th of December, he is still oblivious of the excitement that Christmas Day will bring to him in the future. He knows Santa is someone special and that Christmastime brought Granni and Grandpa back to BC to see him. Monet is still trying to figure out who we are not to mention what day it is so this year is just the beginning of many years of Christmas fun.

Today we went out to finalize our gift shopping even though we are only really giving to the “little” kids. Rick and I are finding that the dampness of the climate here is chilling us to the bone so we also picked up some long johns, our gift to ourselves. Needless to say with just seven days left before Santa arrives, the stores were very busy and traffic everywhere was hectic.

Here are two of the reasons driving 2300 kilometers to be here was worth every minute!