The "Awakening" PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Friday, 15 November 2002 00:00

In September, Jay had started working for Richard Robbins, a motivational speaker and real  estate coach. Jay had invited us to a three-day seminar in Markham to see and hear Richard and to know more about what he was doing. We gladly attended and we were both very impressed with what Richard had to say. He is a man who lives what he teaches and even though we were not in the real estate industry, a lot of what he had to say pertained to everyone.

During the summit something Richard said motivated me to become healthier physically, so I started to use our Nordic Track machine the next day. Everyday for the next six months, I worked out for 30 to 35 minutes. My heart rate improved and I felt better than I have for a long time. In order to keep my mind fresh while I worked out, I would read.

While I was clearing my shelves of the many books I was listing on eBay, I came across one, "The Messengers: A True Story of Angelic Presence and the Return to the Age of Miracles" that I didn't remember buying, new and unopened. I was intrigued by the description and how it ended up on my bookshelf, so I chose to read it. That book has profoundly changed me and suddenly everything in my life made sense.