It is All Coming Together....Slowly PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Friday, 26 October 2007 10:27
october 27-07 013 [640x480].jpgAs the month winds down and the possession of our new venture approaches, Rick continues to learn more about the car care business; as knowledgeable as he thought he was, he is learning little tricks that he was unaware of before. As well, he is getting to know the staff who we hope to retain once we take over and he gets along well with all of them (big surprise!). Meanwhile I have been busy “Nerding”, making calls around the lower mainland and receiving plenty of support from my fellow Nerds.

Last week we sat down with Alan Rust, one of Nerds on Site’s web-Nerds and planned and registered a domain name for our car care business. With Alan we will develop a webpage and make the business known on the internet, something it is lacking right now. Between registering the business with the city of Coquitlam, Revenue Canada, the province of BC and ICBC (the provincial insurance plan) and opening a business account at the bank, we have been inundated with paperwork.

We are converting my computer into the shop’s computer and I have a lot of setting up to do on it (currently every bit of accounting is being done by hand!) and so this week I purchased a new computer for me. Because my new job will require me to be knowledgeable about Mac’s, and PC’s running both Vista and XP, I bought a MacBookPro which I run the Microsoft programming via Virtual Machine. It’s like having three computers in one and I am feeling a little overwhelmed (though very excited) with all the learning I have before me.

Finally on Thursday my “Nerds on Site” decals came for my little red Beetle and because I am female I had the option of adding dots to my bug…and I have. Yesterday Rick managed to get them on the car but he was unhappy with the job he did and has decided I should have the lettering added at a shop that specializes in applying vinyl graphics. So for now I am driving a dotted Beetle, a true “Lady Bug”. Last week my friend Laura Ouellette requested that I post a picture of my car here, so Laura here "she" is looking quite buggy!