A Wonderful Visit Comes to an End PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Wednesday, 05 September 2007 22:57
sept 6-07.jpgHelen visited with us for eight short days and yesterday we drove her back to Vancouver airport and said our farewells. Meeting Monet for the first time was a great experience and after just a couple of days she seemed to have passed the “like” test with both of her great-grandchildren. The weather co-operated for most of her visit though we did have some intermittent rain. Our friends, Michael and Dolores, from Victoria, along with Jake, their teenaged son, came over from Victoria on the weekend and we spent some memorable time with them. On Saturday we went out for dinner and we all had some great laughs recalling some of the fun times we’d had with Jim, Helen’s son.

After saying our goodbyes at the airport, Rick and I headed into the city to spend a couple of days at the Yaletown condo. We have some finishing touches to complete and need to check our mail. I can’t believe just three months ago I just nicely got our mailing address changed and I will be doing it once more in a couple of weeks. The next address will be our last for a while and at least what mail still shows up in Yaletown can be dropped off to us by Jay. He will be passing by our door each day as he goes to work so it will be an easy delivery for him.

Once we settled at the condo we walked up to the Pacific Centre, downtown Vancouver’s shopping mall and upgraded our phone plans; both of our cell phones now have BC numbers. For those of you who call us, the new prefix numbers are 778-847. The last four digits remain the same as they were before. While in the mall we went up to the Sears furniture department and confirmed delivery of our new furnishings. With the exception of our couch and chair which are arriving on the 17th of September, the rest of our stuff arrives on October 1st. That will give us time to get everything painted while the condo is mostly empty.

I took several family pictures yesterday of Helen at the house before we left for the airport and while at the airport however I forgot to bring my card reader with me to Yaletown. Instead I will share this picture I took of Monet the other day; she was showing some temper when I started snapping pictures but it didn’t take long before she started displaying her toothy grin!