Happy Birthday Karley! PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Saturday, 25 August 2007 13:03
karley (small).jpgLast night Rick slept in the house with the grandkiddies and I stayed in the Moho with Sam the cat. As has been my pattern lately, I woke up in the wee hours but instead of quietly sneaking into the living room and reading or going on my computer, I simply brought the computer into the bedroom and turned on the TV. As much as I missed having my hubby at my side, it was nice to stay in the comfort of my bed while I surfed the net and watched TV at 4:30 AM. Fortunately I fell back asleep a little over an hour later.

Today while Rick entertained the kids I scooted out to buy a birthday cake, flowers and ingredients so I could make a yummy veggie curry for Karley’s birthday dinner. Then during naptime, Rick stayed in the house and I proceeded to pack more boxes. We now have over two dozen boxes packed with clothes, books, dishes, pots, cleaning supplies, bathroom paraphernalia, cutlery, CD’s, DVD’s, office supplies and linens, all stacked in the trailer until they can be moved into our new home. Guaranteed, there will be at least six more filled before everything is cleared out but we have made great progress. We still have the “basement” to clean out but much of that stuff is already in containers so it should be an easier task.

Tonight, after Karley and Ian arrived home, we all enjoyed a celebratory birthday dinner and then Rick and I headed into Yaletown for the next two nights. I have an appointment in Yaletown tomorrow night and I want to hang the new drapes in the condo living room before Helen arrives on Tuesday afternoon. Yes, Helen is coming to see us for eight days and to finally meet her great granddaughter, Monet, for the first time. We won’t be staying at the condo again for over a week though we will come here at least once to show Helen where we have been spending much of the summer and to check the mail. It’s hard to believe in just three weeks we will be moving into another new home!

Being the neglectful mother that I am, I forgot to take any pictures of my 32 year old birthday girl but I have added this picture of her with her little girl, Monet, taken by Ian recently! Happy Birthday Karley!