Needing a Break PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Sunday, 12 August 2007 01:42
aug 12-07.jpgLast night we finished our painting job well after 10:00 PM and decided that we would see how we felt this morning before we committed to painting the rest of the condo. Though we slept soundly, it was after 9:00 (!!!) before we woke up and that was a pretty good indication of how tired we were from our work yesterday. Needless to say, we decided to take a break from our painting today.

We had a late start and rather than have our usual at-home breakfast we decided to go out for brunch. Being in Yaletown we have so many places to choose from and so we opted to head to the waterfront at False Creek. Provence Marinaside was voted by readers of the Georgia Straight Newspaper as the home of the best brunch in Vancouver and seemed like the prefect choice for us. The menu was fabulous; really yummy choices for every palate and we have to agree it is deserving of the best brunch title.

The weather was a little overcast with sunny breaks and when we were seated we had a choice of eating on the outdoor patio or inside. Though it was certainly warm enough to eat outside, for some reason I chose the inside for us. It turned out to be a lot noisier inside and I was wishing we’d sat outside but after 20 minutes, the sun disappeared and suddenly it started pouring. The diners who had the misfortune of sitting closest to the street (there is a four foot overhang that sheltered the other outside diners) were soaked and their meals became a little watered down. I was glad we’d opted for the inside after all!

Before we left the condo for Mission I took some more pictures of it and again the colour isn’t registering true; in fact it is a taupe brown colour. The circled cupboard is the one Rick hung to replace one with the doors which hit the lights. This cupboard has a roll-up door which doesn’t hit anything. The arrow is pointing out the classic builder’s beige still in the bedroom!