Teamwork Makes the Dream Work! PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Saturday, 11 August 2007 01:38
aug 11-07.jpgOkay, so it may have been a little lofty for me to think that we could complete the painting of the condo in one more day. Though we got started earlier and certainly worked later, all we managed to complete today was the kitchen, bathroom and laundry cubby hole. Those three rooms being the most time consuming because we had to remove cabinets, mirrors and towel fixtures and move appliances. While things were moved we also sealed the marble floor tiles so though we still have two rooms left, we had a very productive day.

Did I mention I LOVE the colour? According to the “decorating guru’s” a small condo should be painted all one colour and ours is, however there are three shades of that colour being used. The living room and hallway are in the lightest shade and the kitchen, laundry room and bathroom are in the middle shade. The bedroom and office will be painted the darkest but once the drapes, artwork and furniture are all in place (not the fine furniture seen here) I think it will not only look awesome but will flow well.

The only break we took today was when we went out to buy some more roller sleeves for our paint rollers. While out we went to Hamburger Mary’s on Davie Street (not to be confused with the US Hamburger Mary chain) and had a great salmon burger with hand cut fries, not something found in the usual hamburger joint. The food was great, the restaurant was pretty funky and the service was quick and friendly.

We learned through this painting expedition that together we make an awesome team; we found what we were good at and stuck with it; Rick is a great “cutter” or “edger” and I can roll like there’s no tomorrow. We are loving the way it has all come together and are looking forward to having the whole thing completed!