Loving and Being Loved PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Thursday, 02 August 2007 00:07
aug 2-07.jpgWhen we go away and leave Sam, the cat, behind, upon our return we get an exuberant greeting. It seems the older she gets, the more affectionate she becomes and the more she misses us when we are gone. For the first time in a very long time, she curled up and slept beside me for most of the night almost as if she couldn’t believe I was actually home once again.

We would have taken her to Yaletown to get her acquainted with the condo but between the new surroundings and trying to hide from Makai, it was kinder to leave her at the Moho. At the condo which is lacking much in the way of furniture and only has five rooms, there aren’t many hiding spots. Makai, being only 2½ just wants to cuddle Sam and at her age of 12½ she wants nothing to do with him.

This morning while Grampa and Karley took Monet and Makai swimming at the Mission rec centre, I took the Mini to Costco in Abbotsford. It is only the second time I have driven the little car and I quite liked it, especially because I was alone. It is also the first time I noticed how a Mini makes people smile; understandably of course because it IS such a cute little car to look at (and such a blast to drive). When I got back the swimmers had returned and I am told, they had a wonderful time; Monet displaying no fear of the water at all and the ferocity to try to bulldoze her way to deeper water. The l’il darlin’ is so determined and very independent already; Karley and Ian will their hands full keeping her safe as she gets older!!

Here she is burying her face in an ice cream cone while sitting on Kathi’s lap. By the time she was finished, poor Kathi (Monet’s nanny) was wearing almost as much of the sticky mess as Monet was!