And Life Returns to Normal PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Wednesday, 01 August 2007 00:03
aug 1-07.jpgWouldn’t you know it! The first two nights Makai stayed overnight, we had yet to hang room darkening curtains up in the bedroom at the condo. At 5:00 AM it would get light and I would get up while somehow Makai slept soundly until 8:00. Yesterday we got our drapery up and this morning little “Mr. Magoo” was awake and talking to me at 5:50 AM! Arghhh!! Here I was sleeping quite soundly but somehow I managed to convince him that it was too early and he went back to sleep. I am looking forward to a good night’s sleep back in our Moho bed tonight! (Rick is blessed with the ability to sleep a full eight hours under any condition!)

This morning after Rick’s appointment, the three of us went for a walk along the waterfront at False Creek and found a playground swarming with little Munchkins. Ours was content to climb on the equipment while flirting with a little girl until it was time to go for lunch. It was a perfect day in Vancouver today; clear blue cloudless skies with a high of 25°C (77°F), so we enjoyed our meal overlooking the Quayside Marina and it made us wish we could stay another day.

We headed back to Mission after our noon meal (Makai fell asleep on the way) and received a cheerful greeting from Sam the cat when we entered the Moho. Monet was sleeping, Kathi (the nanny) was preparing supper (Karley was in the city for the day) and Makai was happy to be back at his house once more. He told me this morning that he liked Granni and Grampa’s “house” and he wanted to come back again soon. We really did have a great time despite our lack of real furniture, television or toys and if this three day sojourn was any indication, you can be sure he will!

Yesterday, I was up at the crack of dawn (no room darkening drapes yet) and I took this picture while the moon was still clear in the sky and before the sun had completely risen.