And Then There Were Three PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Monday, 30 July 2007 21:23
july 31-07.jpgA few short months ago we returned to Ontario to be a part of Bill and Laura’s wedding. It was a huge family event because though Laura is from a traditional family, Bill comes from two blended families, ours and his mom’s. We had hoped to spend more time in Ontario but due to our Moho repairs, our visit was cut short. On the weekend we received a call from Bill who excitedly told us we were going to become grandparents once again. It seems he and Laura are expecting a baby Hollingshead sometime early next spring (date is yet to be confirmed). We are very excited and know for sure that the other two sets of soon-to-be grandparents are, too.

Karley is especially excited because now Makai and Monet will have a cousin however he/she will be far away in Ontario so hopefully there will be more visiting opportunities back and forth. I had to wait until today to share the news to give Bill and Laura time to tell the rest of the family and their friends in person. You just never know who may be reading this.

On the Vancouver front, we had another great day with Makai mainly hanging out at the condo, walking over to Robson Street and visiting the “home of all the mini’s”, Yaletown Mini. Because he is such a Mini fan you can imagine how excited he was to see so many in one place. He found one he particularly liked, a black and white one with checkerboard trim declaring it “beautiful” but chose a red convertible as his favourite.

This evening for supper we drove “Grampa’s Mini Cooper” to The Drive, Makai’s old stomping ground (that of course he doesn’t remember), and walked to his old playground. He very enthusiastically played on the assortment of playground equipment and would have been happy to stay there all night. Fortunately the lure of a pizza dinner followed by a treat of gelato persuaded him to leave the park. He enjoyed his “blue candy floss” flavoured cone which he managed to spread all over his face and down the front of his shirt. Unfortunately I didn’t have my camera with me but when we got home, I took this picture with the blue remnants still slathered everywhere.