The Adventure Continues PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Sunday, 29 July 2007 21:20
july 30-07.jpgWell so far we have experienced no adverse reactions, no meltdowns and no unruly behaviour from our pint-sized house guest. In fact our first twenty four hours together has been remarkably trouble free and with the exception of some sticky fingerprints on the balcony glass we hardly know our wee grandson is so wee.

Today Rick, Makai and I drove in “Grampa’s Mini Cooper” to West Vancouver to get some room darkening drapes for the bedroom, have sushi for lunch and poke around. Though it was a late lunch and our little fellow was obviously tired, he didn’t whine or complain at all. Despite the lack of darkness in the bedroom in the daytime, he slept soundly for his nap and woke up from it in great spirits two and a half hours later.

The thrill for the day was when his Uncle Jay, along with Jay’s condo-mate, Sarah and her boyfriend Tom (“Tom Tom” to Makai) came over and we all went out for dinner. Our little “roomie” was just elated that some of his most favourite people could all be together. As we walked over to Joe Fortes for dinner it was very apparent that Makai wasn’t a city boy as he hollered excitedly, “there goes a bus”, “there goes a motorcycle”, “there goes a sports car” and “there goes a Mini Cooper” whenever he spied one.

He jus loves watching the cars go by from the balcony and gets really excited if he sees a fire truck, a yellow car (a Taxi) or tow truck go by. At this rate, Wednesday will come too soon but we are all really enjoying our adventure so far. Karley tells me she and Monet had a wonderful Mommy/daughter day too and Ian was able to give all his attention to his little princess when he got home. This picture was taken at the restaurant and even though I took several, not one had everyone smiling and looking at the camera at the same time!