Melting Granni PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Thursday, 26 July 2007 21:13
july 27-07.jpgAfter a quiet night at the truck stop in Merritt we were up, showered, dressed, fed and on the road to Vancouver before 10:00 AM. Getting that extra hour back by changing time zones really makes a difference!

We arrived in Mission just before noon and were warmly greeted by Karley and our grandchildren. When I say warmly, I mean we got such great snuggles, hugs and kisses it made going away even better. Makai just beamed and couldn’t cuddle into us, especially Grampa, enough. Monet, though initially a little wary of us, warmed up very quickly and in a matter of moments was leaning in for some cuddles of her own. At one point after lunch while I was wiping off Makai’s face and hands, he just looked into my face and said, “Granni…you’re here!” almost like he couldn’t quite believe it. I melted…for the millionth time.

Our afternoon was occupied with getting settled into our perfect “moho pad” beside the house; hooking up, putting out awnings and of course spending some time with the kids when they weren’t napping. Jay came out for the night to see his favourite nephew and niece and I like to think, us too, so we all enjoyed a family barbecue in the back yard. The blood thirsty mosquitoes that were here when we left have thinned out considerably so it was nice to be outside for a while. I was so busy this afternoon I neglected to take any pictures but tonight after his sister was in bed, I attempted to get Makai to smile for the camera. He resisted for a long time but I finally got this shot of him trying desperately not to let me see him smile!