Our Last Night in Montana PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Friday, 06 July 2007 14:08
july 7-07.jpgThe rest stop last night was at the side of I-90 and it was surprisingly quiet. We slept soundly and though we are technically on Mountain Time now, our bodies are still hanging out in the Pacific. Today our route took us cross country along Highway 12, another road less traveled and again loaded with beautiful Montana scenery. The skies were partly cloudy which gave us a bit of a reprieve from the hot weather we experienced yesterday. It never got higher than 35°C (95°F) and that was much later in the day.

As we headed farther south the scenery didn’t change a lot but there were fewer rivers, fewer tall trees and fewer signs of population. In fact after a while, as we rode over each rolling hill we were hoping to see something different just for a change.

Tonight we are staying in our last rest stop at least for the next seven days. Tomorrow we arrive at our destination in Rapid City, South Dakota. As I write this there is a huge lightening storm going on around us and the motorhome is doing some rocking from the wind. The town just north of this stop and the truck weigh scales behind us are in the dark; evidently there is a power failure. Having our generator sure is nice during time like this but as soon as this is posted, we’ll be stowing the satellite dish. I would sure hate to get hit by lightening!