Yaletown Living PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Friday, 29 June 2007 14:59
june 30-07.jpgTo our surprise and delight we actually slept very well last night despite the fact that we are used to sleeping on a king size Tempur-Pedic mattress and in the condo we are sleeping on a double air mattress. There is quite a difference between the two and after last Friday night's sleep, we weren’t sure how well we’d do.

Coming here is very good for us; we have no TV at all and once we park we try to walk everywhere. Of course walking is an easy thing to do and everything is so accessible; Robson Street is two blocks away, the bank and post office is three blocks, False Creek is three blocks and there are three great, organic grocery stores within two blocks of us. Heck, there’s even a brand new Costco four blocks from our door! On Thursday we have our first BC doctor’s appointment (yes we found a doctor two blocks away taking new patients) and Rick has to have a physical for his drivers licence. Neither of us have any medical conditions (other than Rick’s asthma) but it will be nice to know we have a family physician if we need one.

Today Rick assembled an “above-the-toilet” medicine cabinet from Ikea in the bathroom and I pretended I had a fully stocked kitchen. I did borrow a couple of pieces of cookware from Karley and we bought some groceries so this morning we had breakfast in. This evening Jay came over dinner (our first dinner guest), after which we all walked over to the theatre to see Ocean’sThirteen, a great entertainer. So I can say at this time without a doubt that we love Yaletown living and are having a great long weekend. Oh and by the way, the forecast for tomorrow HAS changed and we are looking forward to watching some bicycles racing under sunny skies!

This is an absolutely horrible picture of me but I want you to see a little more of the condo and this is the best shot we have of it right now. Here I am preparing dinner and as usual my photogenic qualities are evident.

Rick found this map and our condominium building is at the corner of Mainland and Nelson Streets.