A Yaletown Weekend In Store PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Thursday, 28 June 2007 14:30
june 29-07.jpgSince Makai started his potty training exercises, there have been some marked improvements though he has now entered Day 4. Yesterday he remained clean and dry during his afternoon nap, a contrast from Day 2, and he is letting his mom know the need to go potty when the sensation hits him. It may take longer than the “3-day program” suggests but our wee grandson just might have mastered the art of using a potty in very short order.

Today Ian was home for the day so Rick and I were able to sleep in and I have to say it was nice. We were still up by 7:00 but not rushing to be ready for the day however we were preparing for a two night Yaletown sleepover. The weather is still very unseasonable; we get the occasional sunny day but it remains in the low 20°’s C, (high 60°’s, low 70°’s F). As a result we had no family outing planned for this Canada Day long weekend and so Rick and I decided to get some things done at the condo.

Our new Mini is a treat to drive especially downtown where space is a premium and it was fun to pack all our weekend gear, tools and supplies in it but surprisingly everything fit just fine. On Sunday there is a major bicycling event going on right in Yaletown and both Yaletown streets are blocked off for the day. Apparently it is quite exciting to watch and from our balcony we should be able to catch much of it. However as of now the forecast is calling for 100% chance of rain (heavy at times) which will certainly make for miserable racing conditions. Let’s hope it’s wrong.

Here is a picture of Makai checking out his Granni and Grampa's new car. He said "it's cool!".... pretty smart for a 2 1/2 year old!