Greening PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Wednesday, 09 May 2007 10:40
may 9-07.jpgSince we arrived here we have watched the greyness of early spring suddenly blossom into several shades of green. It is a good thing because the weather has been cooler than we like and it is difficult to get used to it. My sister has a bird feeder and everyday I see colourful yellow finches flocking to it for a feast. Today I watched while a rose-breasted grosbeak came by for a visit but I was too far away to get a good picture. Yesterday we basked as the sun shone and the mercury rose to 26°C (79°F) a major contributor to the greening of the countryside.

In this part of the world, with the warming temperatures comes the blackflies (armed with knives and forks it seems) waiting for unsuspecting “warmbloods” to satisfy their hunger. So far I have avoided getting bitten by the little critters but I may not be so lucky on Saturday. With the impending wedding just three days away I am checking the weather forecast daily. Right now it is calling for a high of only 12°C (54°F) and sunny, which may reduce the bugs but because it has changed so many times since Monday, we could get anything.

Today I met Jamie in Orillia (he is currently in Toronto for work but came to Orillia to see his girlfriend Mary). Mary’s twin sister had a baby in November, Graydon, who as you can see is a real cutie and I managed to get a picture of him with his daddy Kyle while we were all together for lunch. I am missing my own grandchildren in Mission and I managed to get a couple of cuddles in with the little guy which will hold me over until we get to BC at the end of the month.Laughing