Are We In Canada? PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Friday, 06 April 2007 13:46

apr 7-07.jpgWhere are we again? Oh ya, we are in Houston, Texas where we are trying to stay warm with all that cold Canadian weather that has advanced into the area! Yes, the temperature at 3:50 this afternoon is 6°C (42.8°F), it is drizzling (has been since 11:00 AM) and is basically downright miserable. Meanwhile in Mission, BC it is also raining lightly but they are basking in a more reasonable temperature of 16°C (61°F), probably some warmth that was sent from California!!Wink

Weather aside, this morning we ventured a little way into the city and found a vegetarian restaurant (Imagine! Vegetarians in beef country!) and a Whole Foods Market. We were disappointed to find that there are no Trader Joe’s in the state of Texas but thanks to HappyCow.net, I can locate suitable alternatives. Surprisingly in the US yesterday was not a holiday like it is in Canada. All the stores and businesses were in operation as usual but the schools were closed. Today folks were more hyped about tomorrow and of course there were Easter events everywhere.

On our way back to the Moho we found a camera shop where I can have my camera cleaned once again. The problem with these digital SLR cameras is that whenever you change lenses you risk dust accumulating in the camera. I make sure it is turned off everytime, I try to be in a clean dust free area but inevitably, dust finds its way inside affecting the quality of my pictures. Houston Camera assured me they can clean it and have it back to me by Tuesday. Until I get it back I will be adding pictures from Karley and ones taken with Rick’s camera. Here are two pics Karley sent us yesterday and as you can see Monet and Makai are beginning to look like siblings, especially when they are hollering!!
Surprised