Bryden's Birthday Party PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 25 January 2004 00:00

I have wanted to find a health food store here for a while and hadn't encountered any since our arrival last Sunday. Today our mission was to locate one. We didn't have access to any yellow pages so I looked up Nature in the white pages and found two stores that sounded promising. The closest one wasn't open and appeared to be just a produce store anyway. The second place, Natures Harvest Market was open and great. They had a huge assortment of anything organic, including wine, beer and meat as well as supplements, body care items and books. We were in our glory and were able to stock up on some of our favourites.

The rest of the afternoon was reserved to celebrate Bryden's 2nd birthday. Her birthday isn't really until the 29th but by then she will be back in Ontario so an outing was planned for today at Chuck E Cheese's. For those of you who have never been to a Chuck E Cheese, you are missing a child's heaven. There are dozens of rides, games and events to keep your kids entertained for hours. They serve pizza, fries and a few finger foods but the best selection of all is an all-you-can-eat salad bar. I swear it was the healthiest dinner we have eaten since we arrived. Bryden had just woken up from a nap in the car when she arrived and we weren't sure if she would get into the fun of the place, however she had a blast. She was running around, going on the rides and laughing most of the time there....... so were the other hundred or so kids (if there is a next time, we'll be sure to take ear plugs with us)!

As you can see here, she and Barney were having a great time.