Visitors from Ontario PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 02 February 2004 00:00

I woke up yesterday with a dull ache in my stomach. As the day progressed the pain increased and by the time we stopped for the day I was fading fast. By 4:30 I was on the couch in agony.Cry I was up all through the night with very little relief. The good news was that I was able to drink lots of water throughout the day but the bad news was that I was unable to eat a thing. Frown Rick had also complained of a mild stomach upset and we concluded we must have had some form of food poisoning. This morning I remembered that we had done a little grocery shopping late on Saturday night and at the grocery store they were giving out food samples. We both had some shrimp and some seafood dip on crackers. It was not a wise thing to be eating either of these things near the end of the day at a grocery store. Who knows how long it had been sitting out? I will think twice about that the next time I am offered food samples.

Fortunately, this morning I was feeling a little better and as the day progressed, I started to feel normal again.Smile My sister and her husband Fred were coming to visit us. They are staying in a condo in Naples, about an hour away and I did not want to be sick while they were here. Rick, Gayle, Graham and I went out this morning to buy some fresh produce at a nearby market and we also wanted to get some fish for supper. Chris and Fred arrived around 2:00 and we had a great visit. They brought a stack of mail for us along with some maple syrup, something that is very hard to find down here. We walked around the park and enjoyed a swim in the pool. The water was about 90°F (32°C), making it seem more like a hot tub, but I wasn't complaining. Tomorrow we are leaving here at 9:30 a.m. to head to Miami.