Frustration PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 13 February 2004 00:00

Today started out to be very frustrating. Lately, my Internet access has been working less than perfectly and as I rely on it to load my daily journal and find points of interest and future campgrounds, it is very important. Anyway, it wouldn't work this morning at all. Yell I fiddled with it forever, to no avail. After calling Scott, my technician friend, we decided to leave it until this evening.

Jamie called us just as we were getting organized to leave to let us know he got a job! We are all very excited. He starts on Monday with Bearskin Airlines, a northern Ontario company, and he will be flying out of Sioux Lookout. This is a superb, long awaited opportunity for him and with a well-respected, though small, airline. Congratulations Jamie! Wink

Rick and I headed into Key Biscayne to go bicycle riding and sunbathe on a beach. We rode for as long as we could (until our butts hurt) and then we headed to the beach. There are a number of beaches there, white, scattered with beautiful palm trees and deserted. We really enjoyed having miles of sandy beaches almost all to ourselves. We headed back "home" at around 5:30. Bad move! Friday night rush hour in Miami on a long weekend (it's President's Day on Monday) while there is a huge in-water boat show and a giant outdoor craft show, both at the waterfront is NOT a good time to go anywhere! We inched along in traffic for well over an hour finally getting back at close to 7:30! Tongue out

After several frustrating hours, I was finally able to get online and so far it seems to be working well. Keep your fingers crossed, folks! Smile