Canton I-20 RV Park, Wills Point, Texas PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 08 March 2004 00:00

I slept like a baby last night, not getting up once, which is so unusual for me. I loved it! The humidity of Louisiana and Florida are gone and my hair knows it! I was afraid of what would happen to it once we entered a drier climate and I am so grateful to whoever designed covered elastic bands.

We left Whispering Creek RV Park in Newton by 9:30 and enjoyed our drive north. The route we took was great; smooth vacant roads, a few uncongested towns and very little construction and we didn't use an interstate until we hit I-20. There wasn't an interstate highway going in the north direction from where we were and truthfully, I was thankful. You get to experience the area on a more local level when you aren't on a major highway. It is "daffodil" season here in this part of Texas and there are daffodils growing wild along the sides of the roads everywhere. They have endured a lot of rain lately and it has been cold, but now it is 21C (70F) and sunny.

Canton I-20 RV Park is, as it's name indicates, along Interstate Highway 20 heading into Dallas, a great overnight park. It has pull-through sites with full hook-ups, a clubhouse with the most character I have ever seen and the cutest washroom/shower rooms in Texas. The owners, Judy and Jerry Page aren't here right now but somehow they make us feel right at home anyway. It would be a great park for a caravan of travellers who want to have a great setting for group activities. Because we have an appointment tomorrow at an RV dealer in Dallas for a repair, we are leaving here tomorrow but we know where to stop if we cross this way again.

The picture here is a shot of the interior of the clubhouse.