Destiny Dallas RV Park PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 10 March 2004 00:00
 We were quite excited about the fact that we are parked here for the next five nights. It means that we can relax a little, unpack a little, clean a little and enjoy a rest. That may sound funny to some, but when you are on the move every two or three days, there's not a lot of time to sightsee or unwind. We are constantly putting stuff away, we can't take out the bikes, the awnings or the lawn chairs and it can be very tiring.

We are staying at Destiny Dallas, a place we have been to before. This is a really nice park, close to the highway, but still far enough away that the traffic noise is minimal. We are 20 minutes from the airport, 30 minutes from downtown Dallas and 40 minutes from Fort Worth. The sites are large pull-throughs with full hook-ups; there are huge laundry facilities, sparkling clean bathrooms, a great store on site and for the travellers requiring it, wireless Internet.

For me, that has been a huge problem because I too have a wireless system and we are parked right beside the building that houses their wireless transmitter. Unfortunately, the strength of theirs has overridden my wireless receiver and mine can't communicate with the satellite. Last night, after a couple of frustrating, fruitless hours, I went to the office and rented access to their system for $15.00 for a week. I have also contacted my supplier to find a way to make my dish work should I encounter this problem again so fortunately we have found a way to resolve this. I will need two cables, which I will get tomorrow to reconfigure things for the future. The biggest problem with their system is that it is incredibly slow in comparison to mine and I am spoiled now. And here I thought my only concern was that we would be blocked by a tree or a building!!!