Staying Put PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 14 April 2004 00:00
Today was great; we slept in, relaxed a little and then got down to work. I finally got our tax stuff together, emailed it off to our accountant and then defrosted the fridge. Rick did some cleaning of the motorhome and car and then researched some things on the Internet. We both had a productive afternoon regardless of the on and off rain and a temperature of only 12C (54F).

Since we left Ontario, staying fit has been a bit challenging, especially when we don't stay in one place for long. We have both gained some weight and I have been finding some of my clothes becoming tighter, so we have started an exercise routine and we are trying to avoid eating out. Yesterday and this afternoon we went for a jog down the Rogue River Road in front of here. It is so pretty and peaceful with spring flowers in bloom everywhere. It seems The Rogue River has a lot of interesting history as well as being a fisherman's paradise. Here as it winds through the countryside, there are two roads, one on either side of it affording the casual sightseer a scenic drive from both sides. The Del Rio Vineyard, southern Oregon's largest vineyard, is located about a mile up the river from here and has a wine tasting room on site. These are the times when I wish I was still consuming alcohol!  Wink

Tomorrow, we will do some driving and explore more of this area!