Getting Our Bearings PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 02 June 2004 00:00
I guess we were more tired than we thought because we slept in until 8:00 AM, late for us. It was overcast when we woke up but the forecast was calling for sun as the day wore on. We slowly got ourselves organized and made plans to head into Victoria but first I called Telus, the phone company here, to see about getting a landline for the next two months because it seems we are in a pocket here where our cell phones receive a poor signal. I made arrangements yesterday to get cable for our Internet access as the "cure" for ours is nowhere in sight so I will be online by tomorrow...finally!

We headed into Victoria at noon and drove down to the scenic Oak Bay area. Along the way we stopped at the Fisherman's Wharf where we feasted on a "fish n' chips" lunch and bought some shrimp for dinner. We enjoyed the sunshine, the scenery and the resident wharf seals looking for handouts. After lunch we drove through the downtown area and by the Inner Harbour, then headed back "home". We cleaned our shrimp and enjoyed a quiet evening at our campsite.

Sun is in the forecast for the next few days, I will be online again tomorrow and we have had some great days. Life is good!