The Most Forgiving Camera PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 29 June 2004 00:00
 I love my camera and I want to extend another huge thank-you to Dana and Richard St. Germaine for giving it to me. It is the most wonderful present and it has become another appendage of mine because I never go anywhere without it. I take pictures of all kinds of things from beautiful flowers to cute animals and gorgeous scenery to obscure monuments. I use it daily and there are days when I take in excess of two hundred pictures and days when I have taken only one. The best part is that it makes me look like a really good photographer because of the quality of the pictures. I even have it set at the lowest quality in order for the pictures to be small enough to place online. Of course there are hundreds of photographs that I don't put on the webpage but I do try to share some of my favourites.

To my horror, I have accidentally dropped it FIVE times! I am frozen with terror each time thinking that I killed it, but it's like a Timex watch or a BIC lighter and it keeps on working. Last night after we walked to the beach where I took a half a dozen shots, I set it down on the counter in the motorhome. I proceeded to write my daily journal and grabbed the camera to unload the pictures. Somehow the strap became entangled with a drawer knob and it went smashing onto the marble floor with such force that the batteries went flying and it came apart a little. I was mortified when I picked it up because the memory card was jammed in the slot so tight I couldn't extract it. The camera wouldn't turn on and the card wouldn't budge.

Rick tried to take it apart to detach the card to no avail and I was sure I had finally destroyed it forever. Then after taking out some screws and forcefully pulling at the card with pliers (unfortunately ruining it), Rick removed the card and put the batteries back in. I retrieved my extra memory card and he took the picture of me that I put on yesterday's story. I LOVE my Fuji Finepix 2800 Digital Camera!!!Smile