Finally... PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 29 July 2004 00:00
 Day three and I still had a headache! I was starting to get discouraged but after two more Advil and a slow morning, by noon I was feeling spaced out but pain free at last. Our first destination was to the optical store to pick up my new glasses. I have been breaking out at the side of my nose for a while now which we have attributed to my severe allergy to metal. I have had this problem before and even though my frames were titanium with little facial contact, the metal broke down enough through the nose pads causing the outbreak. Now I have new plastic frames again and hopefully my face will clear up.

We then headed to Sidney. Every Thursday in the summer months from 5:30 to 7:30 PM, they close the main street to make way for the Sidney Summer Market. We have wanted to go there since we arrived and tonight was the night. First we grabbed a light dinner at a local eatery and then we wandered up and down the street looking for something interesting. We bought some fresh fruit and headed for Butchart Gardens for a final visit before we head north on Sunday.

Butchart Gardens hosts a summer concert series and we'd been told that their night lighting is spectacular. First we wandered around enjoying all the new colours in bloom since our last visit. Then we sat on one of the spectator benches and listened to the sounds of the Chris Millington Big Band. Once dusk set in, we retraced our earlier route and admired the lights, which truly are spectacular. It was an especially good night because finally I am headache free again!