The Clean Team PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 30 July 2004 00:00
When we first got up today, we thought about doing something or going somewhere to explore one more time but we changed our minds. We were experiencing another glorious day but there was a nice cool breeze coming in off the ocean making it an ideal day to clean. We haven't done a really thorough cleaning in two months and we are moving on Sunday making today our last chance before we leave here. It took the two of us a couple of hours to complete the task but now our house is shiny clean again. Every surface has been washed and now we can relax and enjoy the fruits of our labour.

This afternoon, Rick loaded the bicycles on the rack at the back of the motorhome and started to get the storage areas packed up. I read. And I enjoyed every minute of it. Afterwards we walked the beach and stopped to pick some blackberries on the way home. There is an abundance of wild blackberries on the beach, in fact all over the island, just waiting to be picked and apparently they are early this year due to the weather. They have been part of our morning breakfast for quite a while now.

Tonight we decided to take in a controversial movie, Fahrenheit 9/11, by Michael Moore, a real eye-opener. For anyone who hasn't seen it, I recommend it to you if you want to learn some interesting facts about the Iraqi war, the Bush family and the Saudis. It certainly gives a person a lot to think about. On our drive home we could smell smoke in the air. There is a huge forest fire burning on the mainland and apparently, it was the smoke from it that we could smell.