Paradise PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 03 September 2004 00:00
When we told folks from home that we were going to BC for the summer, I am sure those that have visited here thought, "How nice!" and the others thought, "Ya, I hear it's pretty!" However, not many have had the opportunity that we have had to see as much as we have. Most people only get to visit other provinces or destinations for a week or two at a time and generally visiting other provinces is not as attractive as flying to the sunny south with it's sand and beaches. I don't believe that we, as Canadians have a true appreciation for our own country. Here in Tofino, most of the fellow campers we have met are either from Europe, Japan or BC. The other Canadian provinces are not well represented at all.

Personally, I don't believe we promote our own country enough to traveling Canadian consumers and as a result, we are missing the best places in the world to visit. We are currently staying in a paradise like no other, hence the surge of foreign visitors here. Tofino can be reached via plane, boat, bus and car and it is a destination no vacationer should miss. The beaches alone are reason enough to come here but then you can add in the scenery, wildlife viewing and the variety of recreation possibilities. There is something here for everyone from hiking to surfing and lazing on a beach to fishing for 40 lb. salmon or 100+ lb. halibut and diving to kayaking. The accommodations available range from camping in a tent to luxuriating at a 5 star spa hotel and there are dozens of B & B's, motels and hotels as well as beachfront resorts.

Coming here should be on every Canadian's list of things to do before you die...and when you get here, you'll think you have!