Meeting Ian's Family PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 17 October 2004 00:00

Today we finally met Ian's family. Although we have been in BC since the end of April and Ian's parents live in Victoria, we just weren't able to coordinate a meeting until today. Ian's sister lives in Canmore, Alberta and she and her husband flew in for a visit to Vancouver for the weekend. Ian and Karley invited his folks to come over to their place so that they could have some time to see their daughter and it was an opportunity for us all to get together. (Ian is one of three siblings but his brother lives in Thailand so that meeting will take place at another time!)

Meeting them was long overdue; after all we will be entering that phase of being "the grandparents" in a little over two months. "Junior" will be Becky and Lachie's first grandchild too so we certainly have something in common. We decided to meet for brunch at Milestone's in Yaletown, just a block from our future address. Our table was right next to the open kitchen so we didn't have the opportunity for a quiet meal however the meal was fabulous and we did have some time for small talk.

We talked about Canmore and Cortes Island where the MacLachlan's spent a number of summers at their cottage. Being that we were spread out at a table for eight and the restaurant was so noisy it was difficult to share in a conversation but it was still a great visit. The funny thing is that the one person that has brought us all together, Baby MacLachlan, wasn't even mentioned. I think it was because we were so excited to actually be meeting that we forgot about it. Becky has had the advantage of knowing us better because she has been following our journey through this website so she knew what to expect. (Gosh, I hope we made a good impression.) I even brought my camera with me but ...oops, I forgot to take it out of my purse. Sorry folks! Undecided