Learning PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 18 November 2004 00:00

Last night, Rachel and I went to the Centennial Community Centre to swim for an hour while Jay stayed in the recliner playing a video game. It gave us a chance to get some exercise and release some stress and gave Jay some quiet time. He was still nestled comfortably in his chair when we returned oblivious to the hour that he was alone.

I slept like a log but was wide-awake at 5:00 AM, evidence that my internal clock is severely messed up. Today, Rachel had to go to work so Jay and I spent the day reading, discussing and learning about his cancer, its cause and what he needs to do to try to prevent it from returning. We ventured out for a short 10-minute walk along the street so that he could get some exercise and he managed quite well. Later in the afternoon, his pain was bad enough that he finally took some ibuprophen but other than that, he remained drug free. Rachel came home for lunch and I ducked out to take in a swim and pick up a few supplies. The phone seemed to be ringing all day with Jay's colleagues from work and his friends checking in to see how he was doing. He had visits from Terry, our good friend from Peterborough, Dana and Mark from his work and Bill and Laura, a busy afternoon and evening.

Right now he is playing a video game, the first time all day, and Rachel is at a meeting so I am getting caught up on my journal and emails. Last night one of the cats, Lynx, slept with me making me feel quite at home while Lulu slept in the living room. They are doing their best to ensure I don't miss my Sam too much and they are certainly keeping me entertained. Wink