Two Places PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 27 November 2004 00:00

This evening, I spoke with Karley and she told me how much she is missing me. Yesterday was her last day of work and her due date is in four weeks. Evidently, the baby has started his/her journey to the outside as he/she has started to drop into place and Karley's belly has expanded greatly. I am looking forward to seeing her again soon, but I am really feeling the pull to be in two places at once.

On Monday, Jay has his next appointment with his surgeon to have some of his staples removed and possibly the two drains; however, as there is little reduction in the fluid it is likely they will be left in a while longer. Once they are removed he could very possibly encounter some major swelling so keeping it raised will be even more important. He had a really good day today but this evening he experienced more pain than he has had so far and resorted to taking some ibuprophen again. Rachel works throughout the day and has some important things she must attend to next week and I am not comfortable leaving Jay here alone after Tuesday. There is a good possibility that he will need to return to the doctor's office on Thursday morning and he has a naturopath appointment that afternoon. Rachel will be away on business and it would mean Jay would need to drive himself, something he may not be up to.

After much contemplation, tonight I switched to a later flight, on the 8th of December in order to help him out a little longer and I feel relieved that he won't be on his own just yet. I have been really concerned the past couple of days that I am leaving too soon and there is still some major healing yet to take place. I would just feel more assured if I could be here to help until I am sure all is well. Now, I just have to hope that the baby will wait until after the 8th to make his/her debut. Never have I felt so pulled in two directions and this is a time when I wish I was two people so could really be in both places simultaneously.