Mending PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 02 December 2004 00:00

I am not sleeping well, partly due to my concern for Jay and partly because I am looking forward to seeing Rick (this is the longest we have been apart in 10 years!) and Karley and Ian. This morning I was up at 6:00 even though I didn't go to bed until after 1:00, so I stayed up and was showered and dressed long before Jay. Rachel, who is attending a conference, was also up and out of the house by 7:00. By the time I return to BC, my internal clock will be thoroughly messed up.

Jay had a two-hour appointment with a Naturopath (who is also a medical intuitive) at 12:00 in the west end of Toronto so we were on the road by 11:00 AM. She was very thorough, gathering as much medical history as possible and was amazingly accurate about some of Jay's health. She told him that he was very allergic to dairy and had been since birth (absolutely true) and that even though he no longer displays the symptoms he did as a child, the allergy taxes his immune system. She also said he had a gluten intolerance, another immune system compromiser and has advised him to cut those substances from his diet. She then scanned him and gave him some cranial sacral therapy, which he said he instantly could feel the effects of. He had woken up through the night with a sharp pain in his thigh and this morning he showed me where it was still hurting. When we arrived at the naturopath's office he was noticeably limping and even with ibuprophen, he was still in pain. After the cranial sacral therapy, he could no longer find the source of the pain even by poking around the area on his leg where he felt it before.

We then headed over to Sunnybrook for his doctors appointment and Dr. Wright was pleased with the way his wound was healing. It was still showing signs of infection though it was obvious to her that the antibiotics were working. We had a long day today and with the traffic and a stop at a "raw food" vegetarian restaurant, we didn't get back until after 7:00. Even though this is the longest Jay has not had his leg elevated, he wasn't in pain and there was no swelling. I think he just may be on the mend!