Snow....aghhhhh! PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 06 December 2004 00:00

Jay had an appointment at Sunnybrook at 8:45 AM so because we knew we would be in rush hour traffic, we left the house at 7:30. I had already been online to check the forecast for the day and it had said it would be clear with a high of 2C. When we left, it was overcast but early so I expected it to clear by the time we arrived at the hospital. Instead, by the time we reached the Don Valley Parkway, there was a light snow swirling down from the sky. Within minutes I was driving in heavy snow, crawling along with other unhappy drivers. It took us the full hour and fifteen minutes to get there and by the time we pulled into the parking lot at Sunnybrook, there was what seemed like three to four inches of snow blanketing everything in sight.

I had figured that my days of living in snow were well behind me and I certainly never expected to drive in it for a long time, however this side trip to Ontario put me back in the wonderland again. Don't get me wrong, I love snow, love playing in it and love skiing in it, but I don't love driving in it in Toronto during rush hour. Based on the way other people were driving today, it is evident I am not alone.

The positive thing about the snow was that the hospital was not as busy as usual and there was plenty of parking available. We were in the hospital for less than an hour and Dr. Wright was very pleased with Jay's healing process and the lack of swelling in his leg. We then had the pleasure of making the drive back and it was just as bad driving home as it was getting there. We walked in the door at 10:30. The latest forecast was calling for rain by the afternoon, which would have melted the white stuff away, but (big surprise) there was no rain and the snow is still here. Apparently, it is warming up and the snow will be gone before I leave on Wednesday. I only hope that this time they are right because we have to go to the naturopath tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to the drive if they're not!