The Big "50" for Rick PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 06 January 2005 00:00

We woke up this morning to discover a blanket of snow on everything; not what we expected here in Vancouver. What a way to celebrate Rick's 50th birthday! Yes, today he has reached the big 50 and I think he looks awesome. We remember when we were both much younger and 50 seemed absolutely ancient but now that he has reached it, it seems quite young! Funny how time does that! Wink

We had planned to take the ferry to the island and celebrate his birthday at Butchart Gardens, but with the snow we changed our minds. BC drivers are not the best when the weather is clear and mild so during a snowfall we can just imagine the fun we would have on the highway. I am happy to say he has recovered nicely from whatever bug he was sick with yesterday but now yours truly seems to have contracted it, though not as bad. So between the weather and our health we have decided to put off celebrating until the weekend.

Rick was up and dressed early because he needed to get outside and clean the snow off the awning. For some reason the electric device to bring it in isn't working and the forecast is calling for more snow over the next few days. As I write this, I have intervals of lying down when the room starts to spin and somehow I have to get it together enough to get dressed so I can help the birthday boy bring the awning in manually. It may not be the best way to celebrate becoming a half a century old, but for now it will have to do. Happy Birthday Rickey, I love you!