Loving It PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 29 December 2004 00:00

Ian, Karley and baby MacLachlan came home from the hospital today. They were relieved to be able to settle into their own home and get acquainted with junior without a nurse interrupting them every hour. Because we know they need some time alone with their new little boy, we stayed away until 3:00 o'clock. After Karley fed the baby, she and Ian were able to lie down for a much-needed rest while Granni and Grandpa happily watched the little angel.

Grandpa enjoyed cuddling up with junior on the couch while I tidied up a little and prepared a large salad to be eaten later, a nice change from hospital food. We enjoyed watching every facial expression, every squirm and every stretch that our precious, little "Skippy" provided. It sure says a lot about our lives right now and I wouldn't trade a minute of it for travelling and sight seeing. I have always loved newborn babies and having one for a grandchild is incredibly special. All my memories of my own children as infants came flooding back like it was yesterday. Karley has come to realize just how much she loves her boy and finally has an understanding of what I have felt for years.

The wee fellow's nights and days are little mixed up right now so the nap the new parents had was much appreciated. In a very short time he will have a routine and Karley and Ian will be able to get a more restful sleep but for now, we will happily help out whenever they need us. The good thing about being a grandparent is that we get to go home and sleep when we want to, unlike Mom and Dad. Babies grow so fast and change so much in such a short time and before long he will be walking and saying "no" so we better take advantage of this time while we can. I have to admit that we are certainly enjoying this new phase in our lives and wish it could last forever. Smile