Back in Orillia PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 29 April 2005 16:00
Last night, we crossed the border and drove for about an hour to a service centre just west of London. It had been a long day and we were both tired from the drive so rather than continue on or look for an RV park we decided to park in the truck rest area and call it a night. The TV satellite continued to track (something that still amazed us) but once we were parked and I tried to get online, the Internet satellite wouldn't function. I tried to tweak it for almost an hour while Rick fell asleep and after much wasted time; I gave up and joined Rick in bed.

Our excitement to be back in Ontario had us awake before dawn and with Rick's help, we managed to get the Internet working so we could check our email and I could upload Friday's entry before hitting the road. It has been over a year since we had been in Ontario together with the motorhome and once we were on the 400 Highway heading north we noticed many changes. The new Bass Pro Shop, with it's own exit, north of Toronto was one change we noticed immediately and the Napoleon Stoves expansion in Barrie was another, evidence that there is still a lot of growth in the area.

Soon we arrived in Orillia at Gayle (Rick's sister) and Graham's house where we are parking for a few days while we give them some help in their upcoming move. After some happy greetings, Rick stayed to help his sister and brother-in-law while I headed out to the Bell World store to have our BC cell phone changed to an Ontario number and then to visit my mother. Since I had seen her last in July, she has become frailer and perhaps a little smaller but she was happy to see me and we had a nice visit. As my day came to an end, the lack of sleep from the night before took its toll and by 9:30 PM, this weary traveller was sound asleep and nestled in bed. (Karley sent this picture of Makai looking extremely cute, taken this week.)