A Family Day PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 15 May 2005 16:00
Rick and I spent the day today at Jay's house in Markham helping him to get it ready for the real estate market. Rick, Jay and Bill raked, trimmed and cleaned outside all day, transforming the overgrown yard into a tidy showpiece again. Jay's backyard is really nice with mature trees and a luscious lawn with an in-ground sprinkler system surrounded by a full cedar hedge which badly needed trimming. By days end there were several piles of cedar branches and a dozen, paper, yard-waste bags filled with last fall's leaves sitting at the curb.

Meanwhile, I inventoried Jay's food supply and shopped for a few things, topping up what was already there with some fresh organic produce and I cooked. I have been cooking since I was 8 years old and for me, it is a form of relaxation. Since I started reading the pH Miracle, I have learned that even though we are vegetarians, we still have a lot of room for improvement in our diet and fortunately, I am willing to try cooking new things. This eating plan, though something Jay has become quite adept at, requires some adjusting to and so today I was cooking and reading simultaneously.

We left Markham just after 7:00 PM with Rick driving Jamie's '81 Malibu and me following him in the Honda, just to make sure there were no problems. It has been stored in Jay's garage since the fall and Rick is getting it ready for the Automotive Flea Market in a couple of weeks because Jamie has decided to sell it. Even though he loves his car and he has owned it for several years, with his job and life in Thunder Bay, he has no time for it. Despite our busy day, it was really nice to spend it with our boys (well, 2 of them) and it felt good for all of us to work together.