Breaking Granni In PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 22 May 2005 16:00
Makai is almost five months old and his digestive system is maturing which is evident by what he leaves in his diapers. For the past couple of weeks, he has been filling his drawers once every three or four days and today was my lucky day! When Makai went down for a nap first thing this morning, it was also a good time for his mom to sleep in. Rick and I got showered and ready for the day while they both slept and when Makai woke up, I fed him his cereal and we played while we waited for his mom.

Karley picked out a really cute outfit for Makai to wear which I dressed him in for the day and then I sat him in his exer-saucer while his mom had a shower. He was chuckling and laughing when all of a sudden a very serious look came over his face followed by an explosion in his pants. I picked him up while he barfed all over me (no wonder) and then I had the thrill of trying to clean him up. Fortunately by then, Karley came out of the shower just in time to fill his bathtub with water. There just were not enough wipes to clean him properly because every nook and cranny on his body was filled with a smelly mess but having a bath made everything better. Needless to say, he also needed to be changed into another clean outfit.

Having Makai around reminds of the time when my kids were his size and I often ask myself how I managed then. Even though I am only looking after him part-time, by the end of the day, I fall into bed exhausted. The motorhome looks like a bomb hit it even after I clean it up and I look at all new moms with a whole new (re-found) respect. Being a mom to a young baby is a fulltime job and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.