Just Bitchin' PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 29 June 2005 16:00
This morning when I went online, I checked to see what the air quality would be like for the day. I learned that pretty much all of Ontario was "under smog siege " with the exception of Thunder Bay and apparently a large portion of it is swept up here from the States. It really doesn't matter where the pollution comes from because all industrialized countries are to blame and the atmosphere encircles the entire globe. Everyone who drives a gas or diesel-guzzling vehicle (ourselves included) contributes to the problem as do all fuel burning industries. And what is the solution?

Firstly, the auto companies are quite capable of designing a vehicle that uses less fossil fuel and all factories should be forced to put effective emission controls on their exhaust outputs. Those two things alone would have a huge effect on the overall air quality of the world and perhaps this planet's atmosphere just might recover. You know what they say... if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Well, that was fun wasn't it? This morning I finally cleaned the motorhome's interior and then I drove to Barrie to meet up with Rick. We are going to camp at Burl's Creek for the weekend where Taunja's husband, Mark Dilley is racing in the Cascar race being held at the Barrie Speedway on Sunday. Rick was asked to drive to Sarnia this afternoon to bring Mark's car here so I went along to keep him company. We got home after midnight and yours truly was simply too tired to write, hence the delay. The weather forecast is calling for a cooler weekend and with any luck, the air quality will improve as well and we just might be able to see clearly again.

Here's the latest picture of Karley with Makai which she sent to me yesterday. Gosh, I love the internet!