Back to Shore in Vancouver PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 23 July 2005 16:00
Last night, Rick and I were up late, making the most of our last night aboard the Norwegian Sun. By the time my head hit the pillow, it was past 1:00 AM and the ship was slowly approaching the Vancouver harbour. Even though we weren't scheduled to arrive until 6:00 AM, the captain had announced that we were making great time and apparently we eventually docked at 3:00.

We were up at 5:30 in order to shower, dress and have breakfast before our expected disembarking time of 7:30. We met Helen and Mary in the Garden Café, which was already packed with other passengers also ready to say goodbye to the food, the servers and each other before heading to their respective final destinations. We had all had a wonderful week with plenty of food, activities, great weather and pictures to reflect back on.

As it turned out, Jay was here on business all week and his flight was the same as Helen's so we took a cab to Karley's so that she could visit with Makai before flying out later in the day. It was a nice way to spend the day and a great way to end her holiday, spending time with two of her grandchildren and with her great-grandson. The weather in Vancouver was perfect, sunny, cloudless and around 25C and ideal for us to go to Havana's, a restaurant on the drive for lunch before driving Jay and Helen to the airport at 2:30. (Like we needed more food!) Rick and I are flying out on Wednesday so we have a bit more visiting time with Karley, Makai and Ian before we go. We are all exhausted and I know it will be an early night for every one of the travelers!